Okay, I really need to rant today. Please exit now if you’re 1) not in the mood for a rant or 2) gonna judge me
Stop breaking out you stupid skin! I’ve had enough of you!!!
Here’s why I feel so frustrated of the never-ending battle with my skin:
- Starting breaking out in small bumps at 18/19
- Started having persistent redness on my forehead, cheeks and chin
- Tried many over the counter products but only made it worse
- Developed into whiteheads/blackheads/red bumps all over (super gross)
- Didn’t have the budget so went to see General Practitioners
- One told me I had Acne and another told me I had Eczema. (Dear doctors, these two conditions are on the extreme opposite ends. Did you really graduate from medical school?)
- Applied topical meds, took oral meds to no avail
- Bought accutane, had no balls to take them due to severe side effects
Fast forward to 21:
- Saw my first dermatologist at Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Diagnosed me with Rosacea, a chronic condition that had no cure
- Started me on topical meds which targets rosacea
- Great improvement and skin became much clearer after months of hard work
- Boom! One day I woke up and had a full face of outbreaks again
- Feeling despondent, I decided not to go back ever since
- Went to a Derm at a public hospital and got told: “Your rosacea is very serious. Take pills, no doubts about it!”
- Bought the pills and skin products but did not use them
- Started on TCM to recondition my body
- Went to National Skin Centre and saw another Derm
- Doctor diagnosed me with Rosacea and Seborrheic dermatitis
- Treated the seborrheic dermatitis first and it went away
- She suggested IPL if the topical meds didn’t work
- It worked. Skin got a lot better and on my last visit, she told me I don’t need IPL cause it doesn’t even look like rosacea anymore
- I started masking quite intensively cause I realised it made my skin better
- The key I found, is hydration
So… why am I ranting today? Isn’t everything good now?
After all these years of struggles & pain, I am finally seeing some positive results. Many friends have also told me they saw an improvement. And I think I just destroyed it… by buying a clarisonic! #whyIsoitchyhandsfml
It’s been 2 weeks since I started using the clarisonic and I see all the nightmares coming back. Oilier skin, active breakouts (which I haven’t had in months!) and more exemplified redness using the same routine, just adding in the new clarisonic.
I read online that many people go through a purging phase when they get on the clarisonic cleansing system and that it is normal. I hope this nightmare will be over soon. I don’t wanna spend $200 on a face brush and destroy what I have improved over the past few years.
God… help me please OMG. I don’t have the energy to fight anymore. Pls skin, pls just be good now and be done with the purging soon! Gonna monitor and see. If not the clarisonic is going into the bin!! I will throw you away you monster rwarrrrrrrrrrrr
Okay, done with ranting. Feeling better now. Need to do some zen meditation tonight. All this worrying is giving me wrinkles.