The boyfriend and I had a challenge the other day – cook something for one another and see who’s the better chef!
What I made: Carbonara
- A packet of pasta
- A jar of cream sauce – I got the mushroom & cheese cream sauce
- An egg
- Lots of bacon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Fill pot with water and add some salt. Cover the pot and wait for the water to boil
- Gently fry the bacon in a separate pan until it becomes crisp.
- Cook the pasta by putting it into the boiling water for about 6-9 minutes
- Drain the water and pour in your cream sauce
- Beat an egg and stir into sauce and pasta
- Place bacon and basil leaves on top of dish
What he made: Instant chocolate cake from Daiso.
He tried to pass it off as his own creation but I found out.
- A packet of mix from Daiso at $2
What he did:
- Beat an egg
- Stir it into the mix and pour it into a bowl
- Microwave it for about 3 minutes and watch it rise
In my honest opinion…… mine looked good, but tasted kinda like &!*(@&!*#. The pasta was too hard, and the cream sauce was too thick. It tasted really salty…
The instant cake…. was quite fluffy and light.
I declared myself the winner anyway cause I put in way more effort… not to mention the cost of my dish was like 10 times more than his!
Okay lah, we had fun and finished up all the food in the end. It’s a great bonding activity when you run out of places to go :)